Red Bulls defeat 10 men Orlando City

Photo by Pro Soccer talk
This was the start of a quick two to three match week that we will see the Red Bulls try to earn a victory in the league at Orlando as well as advancing to the next round of the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup within a short period of time. But first things first it was a trip to the Magic Kingdom or at least the theme park capital of the world in Orlando, Florida as the Red Bulls tried to get a big victory on the road against a very tough Orlando City side that has plenty of fast players that work well with Adrian Heath's tactics.
But the Red Bulls were able to put a big clamp on the hosts for a huge two goal to nil victory and reclaim 2nd place in the Eastern Conference. It got started in the 21st minute when Mike Grella tracked the ball towards the far touch line and saved it from losing possession. A quick pass back to Felipe who moved a bit forward and laid off the ball to Sacha Kljestan. Then Kljestan got near the Orlando City area and smacked a rising shot that hit the back of the net and inside the near upper 90 for the early lead.
The second tally for the Red Bulls sealed the full three points inside second half stoppage time as Mike Grella hammers home the final nail in the coffin on Orlando City. It was a quick passing display between him and Winter Haven local Dax McCarty, fought off two defenders then beating Tally Hall to the far post for his 5th of the season. The Glen Cove native continues to show his solid form and beginning to show why he is the reason the Red Bulls took a chance on him and he is repaying that faith very well.
But watching what Orlando City has done so far they have a very explosive set of players in their starting lineup and how they use their 4-5-1 from Heath is very impressive, seeing Canadian attacker Kyle Larin putting himself into dangerous positions on the field to attack and set up shots is very impressive, but he was sent off in the 32nd minute for a hard challenge that showed studs were up. But on replay the right boot of Larin never made contact and 4th official Ted Unkle helped referee Fotis Bazakos pull out the Red Card.
Many other calls were questionable in this match including a goal by Damian Perrinelle that was wiped out several minutes later as he headed the ball past Tally Hall, but got wiped out because of another foul call that wasn't there. Claim of a foul on the back of Aurelian Collin that was false and once again a phantom call seems to have caught Perrinelle once again. Adrian Heath was sent off in the 74th minute as he was very upset with how this match was being officiated.
But for the Red Bulls it was a big three points on the road at the Citrus Bowl as over 33,000 fans came to root for the hosts and the a good number of South Ward supporters came to see their side go home happy with the win. Now a quick two day rest as the Red Bulls get ready for their rivals in the Philadelphia Union as they host their Quarterfinal match in the 2015 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment